By Tony Rauch
- Hungarians? Would I have a problem shaving one down? Maybe even several? No sir. No problem at all.
- Moon the President of Paraguay? Not a problem. Heck, I practice at home all the time – different angles and techniques. I enjoy mooning visiting dignitaries and hope to do so many times in the future. Yes, I enjoy dropping my pants. For sure. Definitely.
- Steal a pie from a church? Maybe even several? Not an issue with me. Not at all.
- Run off with a drunk man’s trousers? No worries. None whatsoever.
- Throw a fit in a monastery? You only need to ask.
- Wear my pajamas to the library and spend all day there? Yeah, sure. Why not? Is there anything better to do?
- Berating the elderly? I look forward to it.
- Fire bomb the liquor store our rivals frequent? Not a concern. In fact, I keep several incendiary devices in the trunk of my car at all times, along with several other little beauties – just in case, you dig?
- Kick a hobo in the groin while he sleeps? No problemo.
- Push a nun into the mud? I can’t wait. I see no problem with that either.
- Throw a handful of monkey feces at a sidewalk reporter or people waiting for the bus? My pleasure. Can do.
- Kill a man with my bare hands? Really getting right up in there, all close and personal? Just getting in there real close and tight like? Yeah, sure, why not?
- Steal a wagon or tricycle from a kid? Glad to. Often. Count on it.
- Dress up like Ethel Merman and parade around the town square? Thank you, I would enjoy that most specially. That may be my finest hour.
- Run naked through the supermarket? I couldn’t be happier. I keep myself in tip-top shape. Top notch. They’ll never know what hit ‘em. They’ll never catch me. Just grease me down. Grease me up right now. Let’s go. Right now.
Yes sir. Yes sir, you can count on me, sir. For sure. When do I start?
- - -
Tony Rauch has been interviewed by The Prague Post, Oxford University, and Rain Taxi. His books have been reviewed by MIT, Savanna Collage of Art and Design, and Rain Taxi, among many others. His stories have appeared in numerous literary journals. Rauch has four books of short stories out –
- “I'm right here,” from Spout Press (funky/jazzy/arty experimental short stories)
- “Laredo,” from Eraserhead Press (funky/jazzy/arty fairytale short stories)
- “Eyeballs growing all over me . . again” from Eraserhead Press (fairy tale surreal fantasy action adventure sci-fi short stories and story starters)
- “As I floated in the jar” from Eraserhead Press (fairy tale surreal fantasy action adventure sci-fi short stories and story starters) [to be published in the next few weeks]
For more info and story samples, refer to his website: http://trauch.wordpress.com/
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2013 (35)
- ▼ 2012 (52)
- ► 2011 (25)